In this post, I will review the top 10 Spotify to MP3 converters. Unlike some GitHub software programs, you need to understand programming codes or scripts to use it.
The software we are using is simple; no advanced computer skill is required. Anyone can follow the step-by-step guide to convert Spotify playlist to MP3.
If you’d like to convert Spotify to MP3 quickly, please check the quick guide on converting Spotify to mp3.
What do we need to convert Spotify to MP3?
Spotify is one of the biggest streaming music providers. It offers millions of music for online listening. That’s an excellent streaming music service. Indeed it is. However, it is not as convenient as we expected.
For example, You can’t listen to music while the internet is not available if you have a free account. Even if you got a premium account, you could enjoy Spotify offline for cached songs on your phone, but you can’t play them on some unsupported MP3 media players or burn music to CDs.
Many Spotify users want to convert music from Spotify to MP3 format for listening to them anywhere and on any music player freely. We need a Spotify to MP3 converter software program to help us do that.
What is the best Spotify to mp3 Converter?
Here are the top 10 Spotify to MP3 downloading tools that we can use to convert Spotify playlist to MP3 with or without a premium account. Now, tell me, where do you want to save music from Spotify? On a computer or phone?
If you want to download a Spotify playlist to MP3 on your computer, please follow the step-by-step guide below. However, If you are browsing this page on your phone right now, Go to the Apps section.
How to download Spotify to mp3 on a computer
NO. 1: Cinch Audio Recorder
I highly recommend the Spotify music recording tool called Cinch Audio Recorder. That’s the 1-click operation for downloading music from Spotify and other online streaming music services.
The best part of Cinch is that you will record Spotify to mp3 as the same as the original sound quality. In a nutshell, if you want to get high-quality (up to 320kbps for MP3 or lossless WAV) from Spotify, the Cinch is the best option for you.
How to convert Spotify to MP3 (320kbps) with the Cinch audio recorder?
Well, using this software to convert Spotify to mp3 format is very simple. Follow the below 3 steps to get music off from Spotify.
Step 1: Download and install the Cinch audio recorder according to your computer OS.
For Mac computer, please Download Spotify Ripper Mac here.
Step 2: Launch the software and press the yellow “Record” button on the upper-left corner.
Now playing your Spotify playlist that you want to save on your computer. The cinch audio recorder will start recording music automatically. The default output is the MP3 format.
You could save Spotify to WAV format if you want to get music as a lossless audio file.
Step 3: After the recording is finished, right-click on a recorded song and select the “Open folder,” you will see all recorded songs in MP3 format.
That’s it. With only three steps, you have downloaded Spotify to MP3 on your computer. Now you could transfer recorded Spotify mp3 files to your iPod or other MP3 players for listening offline.
Note: The free Spotify account can only play music with up to 160kbps sound quality. The premium Spotify users could play music with up to 320kpbs sound quality.
P.S. Spotify offers 3 months of premium for free (ends Dec 31, 2020). Enjoy ad-free music, offline listening, and more. Cancel anytime. Check it here.
The features include:
- Converting Spotify playlists to MP3 files and maintain the output music as same as the original quality (lossless .wav files)
- Automatically get the song’s tags such as artist, album, and title (accuracy rate is near 100%)
- Recording Spotify playlist while you muted the sound volume on the computer so that you can recording music under any circumstances
- Filter out ads (between every two songs) while recording, automatically
- Support all music streaming services
- Edit the recorded music and save it as a ringtone for your phone
- Fix ID3 tags of your local music in batch
- 100% working for all streaming music services (Apple Music, Google Music, Amazon Prime Music, etc. )
- Not require a Spotify premium account.
- Automatic ID3 tagger captures the title, artist, and album (included cover)
- Convert Spotify music lossless WAV format (320kbp/s for MP3)
- Mute sound while Spotify recording
- Support all streaming music sites
- Working for Windows only
- No burn to CD option
- Not free
No. 2 Allavsoft – Spotify URL Music Downloader
If you are looking for a Spotify URL to MP3 downloader, Allavsoft will be a great choice.
What is the Allavsoft downloader?
It can batch download music from Spotify, YouTube, Deezer, Tidal, Soundcloud, etc.
How to download Spotify music with the Allavsoft downloader?
Well, it’s pretty simple. With only 2 steps, you can download your favorite Spotify playlist to MP3 (320kbps) with ID3 Tags (title, artist, and album).
Step 1: Copy and paste a Spotify playlist link to the search bar.
Step 2: Click the blue round download button to start downloading music from the Spotify link.
Spotify account login
When you download Spotify URL to mp3, you need to fill in your Spotify account to parse the URL. If you don’t want to fill your personal account, please register a new Spotify account for this purpose.
That’s it. Allavsoft will start to download the whole Spotify playlist to MP3 files on your computer.
NO. 3: Leawo Music Recorder
Leawo Spotify music is similar to the Cinch audio recorder. It allows you to convert Spotify music and other online music services freely into MP3 files.
It can recognize the ID3 information about the music, like the artist, album cover, etc., of its own accord smartly. It also filters the ads.
It offers extensive music collections for you to download from
- 300,000+ Songs;
- 35,000+ Albums;
- Top 100+ Charts;
- 1,000+ Refined Playlists
Discover, save, and share the music you love.
You can also schedule the downloading, converting Spotify songs to mp3. That makes it convenient for users. The software is compatible with both the PC and the Mac.
How to record Spotify to MP3 with Leawo music recorder
Step 1: Click the recording button at the top left.
Step 2: Open the Spotify player and play the music you want to record
That’s it. With 1 click, you are recording music from Spotify.
- Support downloading mp3 from all streaming music services
- Convert Spotify music as mp3, m4a
- One-click to transfer recorded music from Spotify to iTunes
- Record sound from microphone
- schedule recording time
- Not require a premium account
- Not free
- Installed a virtual sound card on your computer
- Need play music at the maximum sound volume when recording
- Low accuracy of getting ID3 tags
Can I put music from Spotify onto a USB?
Sure, you could put the downloaded mp3 files on your USB or any MP3 player.
Check the video guide for converting Spotify to MP3 quickly:
No. 4: Spotibeat Music Converter
Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter can convert streaming music from OGG Vorbis to MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Therefore, you can listen to songs on different devices or players as you like. Compared with similar products on the market, Tunelf provides two more output formats, giving users more chances to appreciate tracks breezily.
No. 5: Solutery Music Recorder
It’s a Spotify music converter that works like a Cinch audio recorder but has a friendly user interface. This Spotify to mp3 recorder supports all streaming music sites and saves as high-quality mp3 format files with 320 kbps. Each recorded song will add ID3 tags like name, singer, and album (included CD cover)
- Nice interface
- Add ID3 tags title, artist, and album to recorded mp3 format.
- Support lossless WAV format as an output format
- Output MP3 format up to 320kbp/s (For Spotify premium user only)
- Mute sound on the computer when you are recording Spotify music
- Not working on Windows XP.
- No Mac version
- Not free
No 6: Sidify/NoteBurner/Ondesoft Spotify to mp3 Converter
Those are Spotify downloading tools. They are basically from the same company with a slightly different user interface. It works like a Spotify URL to an MP3 downloader. The method behind the software is that when you give your Spotify URL to those Spotify downloading software, it will search for music on YouTube with the song titles of the Playlist. Namely, you download music from YouTube, not Spotify itself. So, those software programs are not real Spotify to mp3 downloaders. They are more of a YouTube downloader.
Here is what music converter can provide to its users:
- Converts Spotify to MP3 format or other audio formats
- Produces Spotify music in high-quality 320kbps bitrate without signing up a premium account from Spotify
- Extracts audio MP3
- from Spotify music without disrupting the sound quality
- Provides easy access to enjoy Spotify music on USB players, car stereos, and home theater components
- Allows smooth transfer of playlist from one music library to another location
How it works
They worked similarly to ALLTOMP3. You got a Spotify playlist or song link, passed it into the search bar, and clicked the search button. The software will find those Spotify titles from other music sources and download the songs on your computer.
Is Sidify legal?
In fact, Sidify downloads music from Youtube, not Spotify. Check here for more details.
- Neat interface
- Fast Spotify tracks downloading.
- Not free
- It only works on Spotify music.
- It works the same as APPTOMP, which is a free application.
If you are not familiar with the software installation, download Spotify music on your web browser will be a good option for you to try:
Web browser (Online solutions) No need to download and install a Spotify to mp3 converter program. Download Spotify music online solution is the fastest way to download thousands of songs from Spotify.
Many sites called themselves Spotify to mp3 online downloader, but only three left when I wrote this review. The Spotify company is hunting online downloading sites and asking for their web host company to remove them. That is why only a few sites are left today.
How it works
Those online Spotify downloading sites work very directly. Just copy a Spotify playlist, paste it into the search bar on one of those sites, and then click the “Download” or “Convert” button. Waiting for a while, you will get mp3 for each song listed in the playlist.
The method behind it is downloading music from a site such as Youtube by searching the title. The advantage of Spotify downloading is that.
- Fast downloading speed
- Works on any platform (Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS)
- No need for a Spotify premium account
The disadvantage is that you will sometimes get low quality, the wrong version of the song you want to download, or you can’t find the music you want.
Note: It’s illegal. Downloading massive amounts of music from unknown sources may against your local law. Check this news
ALLTOMP3 (Spotify URL to mp3)
ALLTOMP3 is a Spotify to MP3 open source solution that downloads Spotify songs for a Spotify song/playlist URL. It supports three leading platforms that included Windows, Mac, and Linux. AllTOMP3 is an open-source app, which means it’s free for everyone.
How to download the Spotify playlist to mp3 with ALLTOMP3?
It’s straightforward to download Spotify to mp3 if you follow the step by step as below:
- Install the app on your computer and launch it.
- Open Spotify and copy a Spotify playlist or song URL and paste it into the search bar of ALLTOMP3.
- Press the enter button on your keyboard
That’s it. ALLTOMP3 will start to download the Spotify playlist quickly. The default output format is MP3 format. You could set it as .aac format, preferably. You can find the downloaded songs in the Music folder if you have a Windows computer.
If the Alltomp3 is working on your computer, try to find AllTOMP3 alternatives.
Official site: https://4hub.net/spotify-downloader/
4hub is a Spotify to MP3 converter online site. A neat web design, the search bar is placed in the center of the page. It takes approx 10 seconds to download a song, as we tested. It is free to use, and no extra plugin needs to install.
How to use it?
Just copy and paste a Spotify songs/playlists link into the search bar, click the “Download” button, and your music or playlist will be available to download once they are done converting.
- the limited sound quality of 128kbps
- that can’t download some songs in a playlist
- The site is unstable
Spotify to mp3 converter Chrome
It is a free Spotify to MP3 extension on Chrome. It allows you to convert Spotify to MP3 without recording. You can download Spotify online on Windows and Mac as long as you have a chrome browser installed.
The steps you have to follow are:
- Select Tools and Extensions from the drop-down menu on the far end corner of Chrome’s address bar.
- Install it on your Chrome browser.
- Open Spotify in the browser to play your favorite music, then Deezify will allow you to get the MP3 file.
However, when you check the review of Deezify on Google Chrome Store, you will find out people are saying that it is not working.
- Fast download music
- 30% of Spotify songs can’t access and download, according to my test.
- It only works for Spotify.
- Built-in Adware
- Download low-quality songs
How to download Spotify music on the phone (apps)
Free Spotify to MP3 converter for Android
Fildo is a Spotify to MP3 music converter for Android that converts your Spotify playlist to mp3. It claimed that they would launch the iOS version soon but no release date yet.
You can download the APK file on the official site here (can’t find it on the Google app store) for Android users.
How to download Spotify music on Android with Fildo
Step 1: Install the app on your Android and launch it.
Step 2: Tap the “More” tab on the bottom and then tap“IMPORT SPOTIFY. “
Step 3: Log in to your Spotify account so the Fildo will import your playlist.
Step4: Once the playlist is imported successfully, you can now download music by tap the dots on the right of a song
Spotify to MP3 Converter for Android and iPhone
Telegram is a free app for both iOS and Android. You can download MP3 from Spotify on your phone directly with a Telegram bot. I will show how to use it to get music from Spotify on iPhone:
- Download the Telegram app from the Apple app store.
- Copy a song or playlist link from Spotify.
- Launch the Telegram. Tap on the search bar and type “Spotify Music Downloader.” Tap the bot in the searching result and then tap on the START option given at the bottom.
- Now paste the Spotify URL that you copied into the chatting bar and tap on the send button.
- Wait a moment, and the bot will reply to you with the song with a download icon next to it. Tap on it to start downloading the Spotify playlist on your iPhone. Enjoy listening to music offline.
Is converting Spotify to mp3 legal?
That depends. Recording music from Spotify for a person listening offline is legal in Sweden. Like the Cinch audio recorder does. The other method we called Spotify music downloading, as I have explained the method behind it. It didn’t download mp3 from the Spotify server. Instead of that, we download music from YouTube. So, that does not matter with Spotify inc.
I have introduced both ways to download Spotify to MP3. One uses the recording method, and the other is downloading music from youtube or other music resources but refers to Spotify titles. If you want to get high-quality MP3 from Spotify, the recording method is the best. If you’re going to build your offline music library with thousands of songs quickly, then Spotify URL downloading might suit your needs.
Enjoy Spotify music on your computer and phone! Let me know if you have any questions. Please leave a comment below.